- i shoot weddings. i document one of life's most special occasions.
- on your wedding day i am an observer with a camera. there to document - not to change it or alter it. i love photographing the organic, emotive connection couples have naturally. telling a love story with photos is what i do best.
- i let couples be who they are and let them simply enjoy their day + i capture it. along with great candids (crying, laughing & everything in between), there's also a little directing that goes into creating great photos. the end result is your day, documented, preserved in absolutely beautiful, honest photos.
- i enjoy the natural, soft, beautiful light that wraps around us rather than studio lights. i'm fortunate to live in the most beautiful part of the country, so i prefer outdoor sessions anyday, hands down.
- i love meeting new couples and hearing how they met, the journey they've taken and how they ended up at this point. i truly feel fortunate to witness the most special day in my clients' lives (and document it too!)
- i grew up with cameras (yes, multiple) and to see me without one in my hand would be unusual. it started out as a kid when i had a 110 camera, then to 35mm film and now digital. at last count, i'm somewhere near half a million pictures taken. i draw inspiration from all around but i particularly love henri cartier bresson and his concept of the decisive moment.
- in my spare time, i'm usually enjoying the great outdoors here (be it hiking, running, cycling, gardening, days on the lake with friends or outdoor cookouts).
(photo by jose villa)